We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic, outgoing, and creative individual interested in working in a creative environment and gaining real world experience in marketing and promoting a creative product. The Marketing & Promotionsintern will be required to develop and execute strategic promotion plans for select single releases from Groove Control’s boutique record label as well as for the production as a whole. In addition, the intern will help to maintain and market the production company’s song catalogue for potential licensing and artist placements.
RELEASE & PRODUCTION COMPANY PROMO
- Collaborate with production company staff and affiliated artists to develop and execute social media campaigns aimed to push sales, exposure, and plays on streaming sites for releases as well as increase overall social media engagement and visits to artist and production company social media and website pages
- Generate dynamic social media content that is consistent with artist and/or production company branding, mission, and voice.
- Conduct market research on appropriate promotion and cross-promotion outlets appropriate for the genre and pre-promotion data that is specific to each release
- Submit releases to music blogs, music websites, social networks and online music services.
- Promote new releases to college radio, internet radio, and music supervisors.
- Draft press releases, announcements, and professionalemail correspondence with music industry professionals
- Assist with other related tasks as needed
SONG CATALOGUE MARKETING
- Assist with identifying established and emerging artists that best fit specific records in the song catalogue
- Contact and follow up with artists for potential song placements
- Correspond with music supervisor contacts to promote music catalogue
- Research potential sync licensing placements (movies in pre-production, video games, ad agencies, etc.)
- Correspond with current roster of songwriters and composers regarding all paperwork associated with new compositions including signed split sheets, copyright assignments, etc.
- esearch and follow up with new music supervisor, artist, and A&R contacts
- Update and maintain online music catalogue and assist with metadata/tagging
- Assist with other related tasks as needed
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be knowledgeable of all current social media trends and sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube etc.
• Must be able to execute finalized promotional campaigns with minimum supervision.
• Must have a basic understanding of how to interact professionally with potential clients, partners, and collaborators and be open to constructive criticism.
• Must be able to follow directions.
• Must be able to work well on your own as well as with a group.
• Must enjoy interacting with people and networking to make new contacts.
• Familiarity or interest in working in a creative environment is desirable.
• Proficiency with WordPress and email marketing platforms a plus, but not required.
• Proficiency with basic graphic design and/or videography and video editing a plus, but not required.
• Must be available 20 hours / week (days are flexible). This internship is unpaid.
Please send resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org,answering only three (3) of the following questions in your cover letter.
1. Name the three social networks that you are the most active on.
2. Name three of your favorite places to discover new music.
3. Name the last three music videos that you watched.
4. Name the last three live music shows that you attended.
5. Name the last three albums that you downloaded.
About Groove Control Productions
Groove Control Productions, Inc. is a multi-faceted songwriting / production house and music publishing company with a versatile team of songwriters, composers, and musicians that cultivate its unique sound. Founder, Keath Lowry, is a Recording Academy voting member of the Producer & Engineer’s Wing and has served on the Recording Academy Board of Governors and Gospel Committee (Philadelphia Chapter). His talents are featured as a songwriter, composer and producer whose songs have been featured in all media including radio, 5 films, and numerous television shows. Keath’s music has reached The Billboard Top 100 and Top 20 on the Billboard Dance charts, regularly appears in several television networks including BRAVO, VH1, and MTV, and his collaborative group LektroMelodica has achieved 17 Single Ladies episode placements in seasons 1 , 2 & 3 to date.