BuzzFeed is the leading media company for social news and entertainment, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and viral content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in real time with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is rapidly growing and reaches more than 80 million monthly unique visitors. Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously co-founded the Huffington Post. Ben Smith is its Editor-in-Chief, Jon Steinberg is its President & COO and Kenneth Lerer is the Executive Chairman.
BuzzFeed's music section is looking for a hard-working editorial intern for a full-time paid position in the New York office. The person will work closely with BuzzFeed Music staff on research, content creation, and idea generation. The ideal candidate will have experience as a writer, and an imaginative approach to covering a wide range of music. You don't need to be an expert, but it helps to have an interest in many genres, curiosity about the music industry and fan cultures, and a positive attitude about pop music. We're looking for enthusiasm, not snobbery. This is not a typical music site, so please have some familiarity with the general tone and style of BuzzFeed.
- Perform research as assigned by editors
- Write short posts
- Longer stories may be assigned depending on the intern's interests and journalistic ability
- Pitch ideas and participate in editorial meetings
- Assist on special projects, like video shoots
- Help maintain BuzzFeed Music's social media accounts
- Transcribe interviews
- Previous experience in an editorial role at a school newspaper, or other internship at a magazine or website. Blogging experience is a plus.
- Overall eagerness and enthusiasm
- Comfort with the fast pace of internet publishing
- Experience with an array of social media platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Pinterest