Artist Development has long been a dissipating piece of the music & entertainment industries. Many of the major labels and talent agencies are no longer committing the finances and personnel necessary to cultivate talent and truly foster career growth. Creative Spotlights embraces DIY culture, by serving as a digital platform to connect artists and entertainers with the resources, news and insight they need to build their brands. With a consistently growing and evolving network of contributors and consultants, Creative Spotlights is an unparalleled resource for you, the talent. Take control of your future; develop your communication strategy, learn about emerging trends, access cultural influencers, increase your exposure and refine your public relation’s efforts. No matter where you are, no matter your career level, no matter your needs – Creative Spotlights’ 360-degree approach to artist development will help you reach your professional goals.
Creative Spotlights is the evolution of artist development.
Creative Spotlights is currently looking to fill three internship positions: Artist Relations Coordinator, Editorial Editor, and Social Media Coordinator. Job descriptions and directions to apply are below. These are unpaid internships, applicants must be eligible to receive college credit for a virtual internship.
These positions are based in New York and can be done remotely.
We are seeking a passionate social media guru that would like to help build Creative Spotlights social media presence to the music industry world. This is an unpaid internship for college credit only. Your college must accept virtual internships in order to be accepted for this internship. If you love music, have a passion for social media or dream of working in the music industry this is a great opportunity for you!
- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
- Updates social media accounts on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc
- Research upcoming bands in NYC, LA , Philadelphia and Nashville
- Research music venues, labels, studios and more
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
The editor will report to the Founder Dani Felt. The editor will proofread all interviews and copy that goes on the site.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copy editing, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
This person will be in charge of setting up interviews with the PR companies, email correspondence for interview inquiries, assigning the interviews to the writers, following up with the writers to make sure they are getting in the articles on time. Then they will email the final article or Q and A to the Creative Spotlights team for posting.
- Meet deadlines
- Be able to transcribe interviews and write articles
- Have communication skills and be prepared to conduct phone and personal interviews
- Be committed and reliable
- Be ethical
- Have passion for music and entertainment
Writing, visual communication, grammar, social perceptiveness, creative use of multimedia
Email Dani at Creative Spotlights your resume and a paragraph or two on why you want this position and want to work with Creative Spotlights. Be sure to follow any specific directions for the position to which you are applying.