Interns at The Recording Academy® Philadelphia Chapter gain hands-on experience working in a professional music industry arena. Most known for the GRAMMY® telecast in February, the Recording Academy is much more than an award show. MusiCares, The GRAMMY Foundation, and 12 national Chapters are constantly working.
Interns must be able to provide documentation that they will receive college credit for the internship, are required to work part-time (20 hrs/wk) and have a strong interest in the music industry. Internship duties consist of member recruitment and correspondence, promotion and execution of events, writing, clerical and administrative duties and other tasks provided under the Membership Coordinator. This position is paid minimum wage.
- Research local potential members
- Research local arts organization for membership and collaboration
- Membership info packets- copy, collate, mail when needed
- Assist GRAMMY U rep, when needed, on student outreach
- Send new member welcome information and assist maintaining database of new members.
- Assist with materials, setup, and operations for events including helping with check-in
- Answer phone
- Collect and distribute mail
- Print out all chapter recaps for events binder
- Assisting in developing engaging content for our membership site, www.grammy365.com
- Research of Festivals in the Philadelphia Market
- Coordinating “5 Questions With …” interviews with musicians and artists.
- Maintaining the library of incoming CDs.
- Assisting in the Award CRAFT committee meetings
Internship Contact: Ashley Coleman/Membership Coordinator/ Download the application at GRAMMY.org and email completed application to Philadelphia@grammy.com with “PHI GRAMMY Fall Intern” in the subject line.
The Recording Academy Philadelphia Chapter
200 S. Broad St. Ste 410
Philadelphia, PA 19102