If you’ve been a regular reader, you probably already know I’m a big fan of The Recording Academy and their sister organizations, The GRAMMY Foundation and MusiCares. They do a lot of good for music education and musicians in need and provide networking and educational opportunities for professionals. They also offer a student membership through GRAMMY U, which provides special events catered to students who are just getting started in the industry. They are currently looking for a fantastic intern to at their Headquarters in Santa Monica California who can assist with all things GRAMMY U. It’s a fantastic way to learn about the industry and work with a wonderful team of people. Apply today!
The Recording Academy® Intern Program offers an opportunity for college students who are interested in careers in the recording industry to gain on-site training in programming, office administration, not for profit management and membership development. The intern would be working to fulfill a college credit.
GRAMMY U Internship Description
- Internship interval time is valid for 1 semester (approximately 12 weeks).
- Hours are part time (20 hours a week).
- Regular working hours plus a few nights and weekends are internal working hours.
- Internship provides an in-depth exposure to a professional recording organization’s techniques and practices.
- Projects to include assistance with social media communication, event management, GRAMMY U programs and administrative office support.
- Assist with managing The GRAMMY U social platforms, including; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Manage Twitter lists and Facebook fans to monitor the GRAMMY U member audience
- Create updates using our social media analytic platform to better understand our engagement with GRAMMY U members/followers
- Assist with moderating comments on our sites
- Capturing content ability and live updating from events
- Organize reports and recaps measuring social ROI
Santa Monica, CA.
Headquarters of The Recording Academy.
- Be currently enrolled in a college/university. Preferably experience working for 1 year in a related field.
- Highly dedicated in the music and recording industry
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer (Microsoft Office & Excel) experience is important
- Experienced with and must have some kind of presence on Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram and YouTube
- Someone who actively follows all types of music/tech/digital/social news on different media outlets
- Knowledgeable of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
To be considered please download the application here submit via email to Jodie Blum at GRAMMY.com by August 15, 2013