On this year's GRAMMYs, Justin Timberlake, Ryan Seacrest, and Neil Portnow announced a new award dedicated to recognizing music educators and their important role in a student's musical experiences. Nominations are open now until April 15, 2013.
How it works:
- The award is open to current U.S. music teachers from kindergarten through college, in public and private schools.
- Anyone can nominate a teacher — students, parents, friends,olleagues, community members, school deans and administrators — and teachers are also able to nominate themselves.
- Nominated teachers will be notified and invited to fill out an application.
- One winner will be selected from 10 finalists each year to be recognized for their remarkable impact on their students' lives.
- The first award will be presented during GRAMMY® Week 2014. The winner will be flown to Los Angeles to accept the award, attend the GRAMMY Awards, and receive a $10,000 honorarium made possible by the Ford Motor Company Fund. The nine finalists will receive a $1,000 honorarium.
- Visit www.grammymusicteacher.com and nominate your favorite music teacher by April 15, 2013