Touring tends to seem like one of the most exciting and glamorous sides of the music industry (ask anyone who’s seen Almost Famous). Who doesn’t want to spend their summer traveling the world with their favorite musicians? But have you ever wondered what it’s really like or how to actually get a job doing it? Here’s your chance to find out by asking someone who has done it.
Kristin Biskup is a touring and music industry veteran with an impressive resume of tour management experience and tour-focused internships. She’s even worked with major music festivals Bamboozle and Warped Tour. Take a look at this list of just some of her experiences and accomplishments and then use the form below, Twitter, or email to send in your questions for her!
- Three years touring with Warped Tour
- Tour Marketing / Street Marketing Coordinator at Fearless Records
- Assistant Tour Manager / Production Assistant for Pierce The Veil’s sold out Collide With The
- Sky Tour where she handled day to day tour management, organized travel, and assisted with production.
- Label Representative Street Team and Promotions Coordinator for Fearless Records where she distributed merchandise and promotional materials at concerts around the country and coached street teamers.
- Tour Manager for Presenting Sponsor MSN during Florence + The Machine’s headlining
- United States tour where she served as a liaison between Live Nation, Microsoft and tour staff, conducted meet and greets, advanced the show on behalf of the tour sponsor, and handled onsite marketing.
- Pitched clients for sponsorships as Artist Coordinator of VIP services for Bamboozle and scheduled special artist events and performances.
- Managed press lists for events like American Express presents Jay-Z at SXSW as Brand
- Communications Intern for PMK*BNC
- Series Development Production Intern at MTV
- Sponsorship Activation Intern and Production Assistant at a major Live Nation venue where she worked with major concerts like the Lady Gaga Monster Ball Tour, the OAR Tour, and the 311 Tour
- Contributed to an international online music magazine as a writer and photographer and and contributed photos to AMP Magazine
- Acted as a publicist, film assistant, and field representative for Bamboozle TV.com