Celebrating music through the GRAMMY Awards for over 50 years, The Recording Academy continues its legacy as the premier outlet for honoring achievements in the recording arts and supporting the music community. As a membership organization we represent some of the most talented professionals in the world. Our members include recording artists, engineers, producers, composers/arrangers, managers, agents, social media executives and many others. The Recording Academy’s Internship Program offers a unique opportunity for current college students ( junior or senior) to gain on-site training in office administration, event management and artist relations in exchange for college credit. Candidates should be energetic, hard working and have aspirations of a career in the music industry or music education.
- Internship duration is for a semester (12 weeks or equivalent).
- Hours are part time (20 hours a week).
- Intern will work on site during regular business hours as well as some evenings and weekends.
- Projects to include assistance with membership recruitment and service, event planning and prep, GRAMMY U programs, assist at Chapter Events, and administrative office support.
- Assist with capturing content and live updating from events
- Currently enrolled full-time in a college/university. Must be at a Junior or Senior status.
- Must be able to work at the Chapter office in Austin, Texas
- The student must enroll in an internship class and receive school credit in order to be hired
- Interest in music and commitment to a career in the recording industry
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer (Microsoft Office & Excel)
- Experienced with and must have some kind of presence with Social Media
To be considered for an internship with The Recording Academy, Texas Chapter for the Fall 2013 semester beginning in August 2013, please download the application here and submit via email to Amber Holubec at GRAMMY.com
Note: The application asks for two letters of recommendation which do not have to be submitted until after an interview is scheduled. Please provide all other information as specified.
March 20, 2013