Celebrating music through the GRAMMY Awards for over 50 years, The Recording Academy continues its legacy as the premier outlet for honoring achievements in the recording arts and supporting the music community. As a membership organization we represent some of the most talented professionals in the world. Our members include recording artists, engineers, producers, composers/arrangers, managers, agents, social media executives and many others.
The Recording Academy’s Internship Program offers a unique opportunity for current college students (sophomore, junior or senior) to gain on-site training in office administration, event management and artist relations in exchange for college credit. Candidates should be energetic, hard working and have aspirations of a career in the music industry or music education.
- Internship duration is for a semester (12 weeks or equivalent).
- Hours are part time (20 hours a week).
- Intern will work on site during regular business hours as well as some evenings and weekends.
- Projects to include assistance with social media communication, event management, GRAMMY U programs and administrative office support.
- Assist with managing The GRAMMY U social platforms, including; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Manage Twitter lists and Facebook fans to monitor the GRAMMY U member audience
- Create updates using our social media analytic platform to better understand our engagement with GRAMMY U members/followers
- Assist with moderating comments on our official social media sites
- Assist with capturing content and live updating from events
- Organize reports and recaps measuring social ROI
- Currently enrolled in a college/university. One year of course work towards degree in related field is preferred.
- Interest in music and commitment to a career in the recording industry
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer (Microsoft Office & Excel)
- Experienced with and must have some kind of presence on Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram and YouTube
- Someone who actively follows all types of music/tech/digital/social news on different media outlets
- Knowledgeable of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
To be considered for the spring semester beginning March 1, 2013, please download the application here submit via email to Jodie Blum at GRAMMY.com by Feb 20, 2013.
Note: The application asks for two letters of recommendation which do not have to be submitted until after an interview is scheduled. Please provide all other information as specified.