Turn the Record Over is looking for a few interns / assistants who can dedicate a few hours a week for at least 6 months towards helping with admin tasks related to the blog, as well as writing, photography and research if the applicant is interested in such tasks.
Looking for someone who has a love of music, is good with the internet, is organized, and can commit a few hours a week for 6 months or more. Interns will learn about social media, blogging, and branding.
Turn the Record Over is also looking for a fashion intern who can take photos of musicians' wardrobes and interview them about what their fashion taste for the site's "What They Wore" section (this requires an intern in a city with constant access to musicians).
- Entering events into the events calendar on the blog (including location, time, any info available on it)
- Setting up specific posts in Wordpress such as mixtape posts, etc
- Compiling and formatting mix-tapes
- Researching information on local venues and record stores
- Potentially reviewing/photographing shows if interested in this
- The site is located in Toronto, but interns can be remote.
- Priority will be given to applicants in cities with an active music scene where reviews and photography of shows are possible.
- Must have internet connection and home computer
- Basic Wordpress skills (but its very simple to figure out if you've never used it before)
- Excellent online skills
- User of social media
- Familiar with programs like Megaupload and others that can be used to make mixtapes
Send your resume to Lisa at Turn the Record Over