Jr. Music Executive is pleased to announce fifteen internship positions available for Spring 2012. The Jr. Music Executive Internship Program includes training sessions, intern meetings, hands-on work experience at partnering internship locations, and numerous networking opportunities. This competitive internship program seeks highly motivated high school students, college students, and recent graduates with an interest in one or more of the following entertainment industry related fields:
• Being an Artist / Musician
• Event Planning
• Music Education
• Audio Production
• Television and Film
• Graphic Design
Our interns have access to some of the most prestigious entertainment locations in the region, including the Kimmel Center, Sigma Sound Studio, and the Philadelphia Chapter of the Recording Academy. Partnering internship locations include working with recording artists, managers, recording studios, non-profit organizations, performance venues, and online publications.
• Strong interest in pursing a career in the music/media/entertainment field.
• High school student, college student or recent graduate of an accredited college or university.
• Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. (unless discussed and approved by program director)
• Courteous, outgoing and able to display confidence and professionalism via the telephone
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to perform diverse and complex tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Excellent research skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office products (especially Excel)
• Experience with HTML, WordPress, and social networking sites a plus
Interns are required to attend two mandatory training sessions and weekly intern meetings A minimum 6-hour per week (maximum 20-hour per week) commitment is required for the duration of the program. Students that can receive college credit will be given first preference. A form from your school verifying that you will be receiving credit for your Internship for the semester is required for some internship locations.
Past Interns Have Worked With
Sigma Sound Studio
Society Park presents "The Pullover Tour"
Philadelphia Hip Hop Legacy Project
Artist 1st Management
Blues Babe Foundation
Applications are available online at www.jrmusicexec.com
Please send a completed application, resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 references. Applications must be received by Friday, January 20, 2012 at 5:00pm and can be sent to:
Jr. Music Executive
2233 N. Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19132